What can I do to reduce my anxiety post IUI or IVF? How do I survive the two week wait after IVF?
The two week wait after IVF or an IUI can be astressful and anxioustime. Here are a few strategies that may help youmanage your anxietywhile you are waiting for your results:
- Practice relaxation techniques:Techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or progressive muscle relaxation can help calm the mind and reduce anxiety during the two week wait after IVF
- Keep a positive mental attitude:Remember challenges make us stronger in life
- Engage in activities that bring you joy:Finding ways to relax and recharge can help you cope with anxiety. This might include hobbies, exercise, or spending time with loved ones.
- Seek support:It can be helpful to have a support system of friends, family, or a support group to talk to and lean on during this time.
- Take breaks:It can be helpful to take breaks from the intense focus of waiting for your results. This might involve setting aside time for activities that you enjoy, such as hobbies or exercise. It helps to take your mind off the dreaded two week wait after IVF.
- Seek professional help:If your anxiety is severe or persistent, it may be helpful to speak with a mental health professional. A therapist or counsellor can provide support and guidance throughbehavioral interventionto help you manage youranxiety.
It is also important to remember that it is normal to feel anxious during the two week wait after IVF.